Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Topless tour 2010 countdown



Well its just 3 days before we leave on the 2010 Topless Tour. Today Lumpy and I removed the tranny from the roadster, had the shop replace the pump o ring and reinstalled it. What a job! Its a bitch to get out and in. We used a 55 gallon barrel and a milk crate to remove it...then I bought a transmission jack for the reinstall, still was a big project, but it is done now. In the morning I will replace the fan thermostat switch again.....replaced it last week still won't kick the fan on. I received 2 more switches today, thanks to Speedway's quick service. I bought 2 to have a spare.
Barry has been having problems with his car, might not even go this year. I will know tomorrow for sure.
Plans are that John, my friend from CT will fly in Friday evening. We will leave Sunday morning and hopefully meet Barry and his roadster in Sioux Falls, SD. From there we will drive onto Rapid City to tour the Black Hills and then onto Estes Park.

No comments: