Monday, June 17, 2013

Last few days

Thursday was shop tours......first we went to Marcels to visit Marcel and Luc, met Rick Dore there. Marcels are building him two complete bodies for his next projects. They had cookies and drinks for us. Next was the free taco lunch at Limeworks in Whittier then onto Fred's Wiring for free hot dogs at his open house.
Friday was the Early Ford store. There I got to finally to meet Lynn Pew of Pews Place.If you don't you should check his blog at www.pewsplace.com. I bought a set of shortie rear bumper brackets form a guy that had a truck load of stuff...too bad I didn't have more room!! The next stop was Thumper and Flo's back yard BBQ...free burgers, beer, margaritas! SoCal open house was next, I had reserved inside the fence parking...thanks Jim!! The other cars parked on the street where ever. Bobby Waldens open house was next...tons of cars and people and free ice cream bars.
Saturday we were at the gate at 5:45, 5th in line to get in at 6AM. I saw so many good friends the whole weekend.....two I had not seen since New Mexico days...35 years ago. It was so nice.
We got the pewter mugs at 3:30 on Sunday and was on the road by 4 PM for Vegas. Mike my good buddy from Texas is riding back with me, Rodney had to fly home Sunday. We got a room at Whiskey Petes for $33.00 (almost free). We went to the bar for a beer....they are free if you are playing the electronic poker machine....I made those two dollars last for 5 free beers!!
Monday morning we were on the road early for Grand Junction, 500 miles. It was warm....the last 40 miles were hard, I was tired. We checked into our free room at the LaQuinta and went to Applebees for burgers and beer night. Mike bought dinner so it was like free to me. In the morning its off early to North Platte, NE...500 miles. We will stop in Denver for lunch with my good friend Bart about noon....it is a great fun trip!! I will try to post pictures soon.

No comments: