Tuesday, June 11, 2013

One day to go

We slept in this morning, had a good breakfast and hit the road at 9AM. I think it was only 160 miles or so. A beautiful drive thru Oak Creek Canyon. Stopped for lunch in the old mining town of Jerome. Its built on  very steep hillside. Just before Prescott a big truck was on its side blocking half of the road. Opps! At least it was quiet when we passed it, already had help there. It would be  too exciting to see it flip right in front of us!! We deicided to leave at 4 AM in the morning to beat the desert heat. Its a 6 hour drive and can get really hot, ok by me. Next stop is San Dimas at the Red Roof motel.

2 comments:

downunderdeuce said...

love following the blog....just wish I was there with you...see you next year..we'll be doing the road trip to LA from Charlies place in TX....only one year to wait!!

downunderdeuce said...

No doubt you'll run into my other "local" rodders who are over there...tell 'em I said "gidday"