Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sunday......Albuquerque !!!

Had a rain storm last night, blew, rained......The cover blew up and the seat, floor was all wet. The worst thing was the atlas that was on the seat was sopping wet. Our two travel pillows were wet also. Rodney took the pillows inside the motel and used their big dryer, that worked. We should have thrown the atlas in the dryer too! I got towels and dried the inside.
 We were on the road at 7AM. Had a good drive to Albuquerque, 500 miles. Stopped a few times to check out the sites. Visited Bozo's car collection in Tucumcari, that was a good break. One car ran out of gas five miles from the gas stop...almost made it.
We arrived in Albq about 4pm mtn time. Checked into the hotel, met another deuce guy in a 3w from Colorado. I knew of him, he knew of me, but we had never met before, nice finally to make that happen.
A local rodder met us and guided us to a Mexican place to eat. Good food but not outstanding, poor marquaritas...had one frozen...so so, so I ordered oen on the rocks, so so too, then the check came...7.75 each and they were little...I guess they are proud of them!!
We pull out at 6AM...I am tired and am going to bed.....too much fun!! no pictures tonight, I will post double days tomorrow, its time for bed.

No comments: