Tuesday, June 12, 2007

We left about 7AM, cloudy skies, I watched them all morning, finally after luch it started to rain, after driving for about an hour in on and off rasin, I decided to put the top on. Within 30 minutes the sky was clear blue!! Go figure. I left the top on but it is hot with it on, and very windy, the top kept lifting at the right windshield post, finally I got tired of stopping and resecuring the top and having the guys wait, I took it off and threw it in the seat!
Late this afternoon in Tecumcari NM at the Loves truck stop, some a/hole stole my cell from the front seat!! I got Sprint called with Elvis's help, actually she did it all, and cancelled the signal to my phone, now I am "phoneless" Hopefully we will get to Lake Havasu AZ tommorow early enough to find the Sprint store and get a new one.
We ate dinner in Morarity, 40 miles east of Albuquerque, we got to the hotel at 9PM local time, that's 10 PM our time, 600 miles, lots of wind, lost the phone but still a good day. Oh yea, Gordy had the engine cover blow off of his LS1 engine somewhere, no one saw it go, maybe the same little Sh-t got it that got my phone, he lost it about the same place. He has been running without hood sides only a top.
We drove thru the town of Greenfield,KS, the town that the twister hit...amazing....everything gone, even brick buildings blown apart, huge oak trees with no branches and leaves, National Guard guys all over, FEMA trailers, thinking back on that site makes the phone loss seem really minute!!! I took photos as we drove thru town, just cannot describe the destruction, like a war zone.
We will leave at 7AM for the steak fry in Lake Havasu with car guys, some garage tours if we get there in time, mthe GPS says 450 miles, so another good day of driving. I am tired...bvut this is fun
Talk to you all tomorrow

No comments: