Friday, June 15, 2007

What another great day. We drove to Long Beach to see Hot Wheels designer Larry Woods' private garage. Full of neat stuff, hot wheels, 34 coupe with a Buick v6 in the trunk, a COE truck to pull his camp trailer (Steve would like this one)his 32 Nash. He took us to Jessie James West Coast Choppers, then to Steve Penningtons I thnk was his name, personal home, cool trucks, machine shop, nice place. Next was Foose's shop, lunch and California Street Rods. Then it was time to head to SoCal open house in Pamona. We started with 8 roadsters, all got lost, took wrong turns , luckily I had Lola with me, she guided me right to SoCal. As I drove down the street, I was flagged to pull over, the guy said do you want to park here? Right in the front row, in the middle of the street, first car......Duh!! You bet!!! Later 2 of the roadsters made it there, the rest I never saw until tonight at the hotel. I saw lots of old friends from VT, SD, AZ, CT, SC, CO, Fl,.......cool!
We will leave at 630 AM to go to the fairgrounds, it is only 9 miles away. Will be fun again! Rodney flies in tomorrow at 530PM.

No comments: