Monday, June 18, 2007

We made it to Prescott, AZ. We all met at C W Moss store in Orange this AM @ 7:30 for coffe and bagels, left at 8:30...about 43 of us, all have maps, by the time we got to the edge oa LA there was 5 of us together, the first gas stop was 3, when.... we left the station we were alone.....
thank goodness for the maps "Lola" the GPS girl. Driving across the dessert in the middle of the dsy was HOT...112. We drank our blue gallon jug of ice water empty 5 times. We came across a model A sedan driving along at 20 MPH, helped him get to the rest area to cool off the computer/fuel injection system.
After leaving I10 and driving the 2 lane, I think it was Hope AZ we found several cars at a little station, there was a 32 steel phaeton with a 50 Olds motor, and a lone driver about 75 yrs old, no top, (I could just see me in that car looking like him in a few years) with fuel filter problems, helped him clean the filters and away we all went. The phaeton first then us, then the other 4, 70 MPH for several miles then again would starve for fuel and slow him down to 40, after several times of this, we all pulled over again, this time he found a hole in the gass line and thought the pump was collapsing the line, replaced the line and away we go.
We all (I think) arrived at the hotel and then drove to Bitchin Products for a BBQ beef dinner.
Another great day...heat and all.Our car is running fine.
Forget to tell you about Friday night, 3 of us filled up thre tanks ready for Saturday, parked at the hotel, I put my total cover on, the other two had tops, next morning they each had only a half of tank of gas! I think my cover saved me!
Time to take a shower and go to bed...all starts over in the morning with meeting at 7:30...Sedona AZ is thre first stop.

No comments: