Friday, June 29, 2007

We left Broken Bow t 10 AM headed to Central City NE, toured Valley Speed Shop, what a cool place, an old historical building down town, 2 story brick with an elevator. Upstairs was a full machine shop and a storage area. In the storage was a real full fendered deuce roadster, a 3 window body, an old Hemi on a pallet and another engine and stuff...Wow! On the main floor were several projects under construction, like around 9 or 10. They feed us roast beef sandwiches, pop,chips, beans...more free food!
On to Lincoln.....we arrived at Speedway Warehouse, they had a welcome group with water, pop, cookies...more free food...and a tour of the warehouse. They ship 80,000 items a week, it is 520,000 sq ft, 42 acres, 3 miles of conveyors (almost like a Walgreen Whse). Very interesting.
Lola, my GPS will not hold a charge, so off to Circuit City...they decide it is a defective docking station, not covered by warrenty, only 30 days and I have had her for 6 weeks. Only option is to buy a new docker for $55.00...I was not a happy guy. I asked them to put my defective part into the box and give me the new part, send back as an intial failure (I was in retail for 40 years), they said no, so I buy the new docker, go to the car, plug her into my old cord...no work! I use the new cord and it works, I go back and say I just want to buy a cord, no problem except they are out of cords...I say I want a refund and I will go to Best Buy and buy a cord...OK. I go back to the car to get all of the box and whatever, and then .....wait....I will put my defective piece in the box and keep the new stuff..and get my $55 back.......Bingo! Can't fool an old man all of the time!!
I stopped by Roger Nunn's shop Autografics, on the way to dinner....finally get to cafe at 10PM, but had a few beers and traded stories and lies with the guys, had fun. I met Roger's neighbor, Jerry,he invited me to his house Friday AM to use his lift to check for lose bolts, nice guy. I went there Friday morning, tightened up some bolts, new exhaust rubber cushion on hanger, little stuff. Then off to the show.
Nice show, nice fairgrounds, some vendors, great goodie bag. I got to park in the special area for the "cruisers", had a nice day.
I'm going to Carlos O'Kellys for dinner, Roger gave me a free meal ticket...more free food!!
Back to the show on Saturday, ice cream social at Speedway museum Saturday night, then I got an invition to Folsum Street Speed shop party Saturday night from friend Joe (10cent special)...a fun guy with lots of hotrods. Talk to ya tomorrow Dale

No comments: