Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We left Albq at 7AM, it was sweatshirt weather.....by noon I was in a tank top!! Ate lunch in Flagstaff, I found a Sprint store there and bought a new phone. Now I need all of you to email me or call and leave a message so I can rebuild my phonebook. Email me at thewildturkey46@aol.com or thedeuceguy3@aol.com
. My phone number is the same as before.
It was HOT the last 3 hours of driving, the temp was 108. My negative cable on the battery worked loose and with the intense heat, the battery cooked itself to death. At the last gas stop it would not start at all, not even a click, the battery was red hot!! Ronnie made a call to Ed Ebach in Lake Havasu, he picked up a new battery and brought it to me. It startered right up with the new battery. Gordy caught a rock in the construction zone and broke his mirror. His AC compressor froze up too for some reason. He took his top off the last 3 hours and became a "real roadster pilot" like me.
We went to Ebachs house for a great steak dinner, lots of food, very good. On the way there stopped at a guys house...awesome huge garage, a 406 ford, 3 deuces, a 34, 36, 29, 48 olds woodie, 55 safaria wagon, beautiful tiled floors a party room with full bar. His house supposedly built for 6 million $. He is having Steve Moal build him a new deuce roadster, to be done by Christnas. This town lookes very expensive!! Many many million $ houses.
We leave in the morning at 6AM to beat the dessert heat, only 300 miles to go. Drove 500 today. We started seeing other roadsters in NM this morning, makes it even more exciting. Saw Jerry Dixey from Street Rodder Mag on the road side taking photos, saw Bart from VT that I met in York, cars from IN, makes it real neat to see others on the highway.

Don't forget to send me phone numbers, I have none in my phone book right now.

Talk to you all tomorrow from LA

No comments: