Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday

Today's first stop was the Early Ford Store in San Dimas. This guy has parts!! Everything you would want, very few repops, all NOS or good used. Fenderss hanging from the ceiling, shelves and shelves of brake drums, generators and what ever. I saw a deuce fire wall, very nice shape for $1100. A deuce dash panel and tunnel for $750, a SCOT blower for a flathead for $15,000. Cool stuff, bring money! My buddy from CT, John, called at 11AM, he had arrived on the plane. Jack, Rodney and I headed to Thumper and Flo's BBQ. I dropped them off and headed to the hotel to pick up John, found him and ran right back to the BBQ. Hot rods were parked up and down all the streets for several blocks, people everywhere, what a BBQ. Beer, pop, margaritas, burgers, and fixins and a great time. About 1 PM it was off to SoCal open house. We had VIP parking, so drove right into our numbered spots...pretty cool. Lots of rods, people, a good time . I can't believe how many friends I saw from all the world...y es world. Greg was there from Australia, sold him some key fobs, Glenn from TX, Gary from NE, Ryan Mapes from AZ. He brought me a magazine from 2003 with an article on my B400 build of the chassis, several pages and pictures. Thanks so much Ryan and Joe!! It is so great to have the wonderful friends that I have. There were so many others, I can't even begin to list all of them, so good to see everyone. About 6 PM we went to Bobby Waldens Open House. His projects are just outstanding. I saw even more friends there. Sold some more key fobs. Saw more neat cars. Today was just a perfect day, friends, hot rods, BBQ, more friends and hot rods....good time.

No comments: