Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday

Back to the show Sunday morning for more fun. We got to park under the palm trees again in the shade. I saw more friends and made some new ones too. We walked the indoor vendors again and checked out the parked roadsters. So many nice cars. Found my friend Cowboy Dave. We had a nice visit. Rodney noticed a for sale sign in the front seat of his roadster..Hmmmmm. That is one of my all time favorite roadsters. It was built by Jim Ingelese of Connecicut. I remember seeing it in York PA Nats East several years back. I always drooled over it. I think Dave put the sign in there just to tease me!! LOL In the vendor bldg I found the perfect shift knob for the 400. I will order it next week. Comes from Jacks Garage, he happens to be one of my key fob sellers. At the Brookville booth I checked out a new steel phaeton body, looks like they are testing the water with a sign up clipboard to sign if you interested, Darn, a new phaeton body, Inglesse roadster, saw the new steel 5w body...so many temptations!! We meet Dave Schaub and his wife at noon for lunch and took off at 1 PM. Jack decided to stay till the end and drive on later. We went I15 to Barstow then I40 to Kingman AZ for the night. We arrived at the hotel at 5:30, 300 miles not bad. We gassed up in Needles, just 50 miles from Kingman. It was HOT. The thermometer in Daves car said 120. (It's a dry heat tho.) We drank lots of water, my tshirt was wet, it was hot, but it was fun. At the hotel the pool really felt nice, then it was off to dinner. Check out the pics........Happy Fathers day to me!!!!

2 comments:

DEUCE DADDY DON said...

Dale, did you get your English pewter engraved mug for entering your '32 RPU??---Or did you leave without it??

garya said...

Hey Dale, love the blog, I hadn't peeked at it for a while...
Thanks for the great updates.
we were at Marcel's shop the week before they moved, nice to see Browns coupe has moved along.
will miss you this weekend @ the Back to the 50's.