Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday

We left the hotel by 6:30 and headed to the Fairplex. Many roadsters had arrived on Friday and still had their covers on. We were directed to a nice shaddy spot between building 4 and 6. The swap meet was first on the list, we walked for several hours. Lots of cool things, many very expensive. John found a set of hood sides with hot rod louvers for a steal!! I thought about them but knew I did not need them at this time anyway. We walked the specialty parking next, probably 2000 cars thers. This is where the non-roadsters park. Many neat cars. We toured the new vendor building to cool off, the AC felt good. I bought a couple of little things I needed or maybe its wanted. I saw more friends. Meet Cliff and his son from Dassel, had to drive 2500 miles to meet someone 45 minutes from my house. They brought their just finished new deuce, had 12 miles on it.....very nice. Had a sign on it for sale 34K, a great price and a very nice car. A picture of one of my favorite RPUs. Saw my friend Dave from LA cars but could not find him. He has a real cool and famous roadter and a real nice 34 phae ton. I also saw and talked to Bud Root. He is the one that had my red vicky built. It was real neat to talk with him again. I saw him one other time in 2003. At five we attended the free BBQ. What a sprfead! BBQ beef tips, brisket, sausage, reibs, corm, beans , bread cake and a drink, free to roadster drives. Quite a deal. After dinner it was back to the hotel for party in the lot and to repack the pickup bed to amke all the stuff fit. I think it will. Tomorrow we will leave about 1 PM for a short 300 mile drive to Kingman AZ.

No comments: