Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday

The wind blew like gangbusters last night. At 3 AM I was up and out 3 different times trying to keep the cover on the RPU, the wind finally broke four of the clamps that holds the cover on. I finally removed the cover and just let her sit. I figured less damage than the cover whipping all night on the paint. It was all fine this morning, the wind was less but still there. There were ashes from the forrest fire on and in the car. I cleaned it up, had breakfast and went to the show grounds. It was much cooler today, breezy all day. The grass we parked on in the winners circle was dusty and so very dry. It was like straw. The awards presention went well, I drove thru the awards stage with my bomber hat and googles on.That got some applause and laughs. As soon as I received the award I kept on going, hit the highway and headed to the hotel in Westminister, about 60 miles away. I arrived here about 4 PM, Jack was alrea dy here and Rodney arrived a bit later. The three of us had dinner,I went to Lowes and bought more spring clamps so I could use the cover tonight. Right now it is time for bed. Tom will be here at 6:45 and we hit the road at 7. The plan is 540 miles to Beaver, UT for the night. Looks like about 8 to 9 hours with gas stops and all.

2 comments:

downunderdeuce said...

I'm heading off at 10 30....got 7182 miles to do in 14 hours!! see you on the ground in LA!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award Dale. Peolple like knowing that these cars get driven. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself.