Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saturday

Another fun day. I got up, had breakfast at the waffle house and headed to the show. I parked in the "Deuce Doins" parking, thirty deuces there. Many more thru out the grounds, I can never figure whey they won't park in the special parking. It was HOT today, 95 degrees. I found shade under the Deuce Hdqs tent. I walked and walked, my legs burned more, so now they are really red. Lots of aloe vera. I was a little slow on the sun screen. I saw more friends today, ran into Jim McNaul from Colorado, drove his beautiful 53 F100, 500 Caddy, T400,Cordoba front suspension and for sale $28k, if I did not have a F100 I would be all over it. Any one interested, email me and I will hook you up with him. He says just too many cars, and doesn't drive it enough. He also races a 6speed gokart that goes 0 to 60 in 3 or 4 seconds....that would be real fun. I talked with the DeLuxe Speed Shop guys, will see them next week too. There is a forest fire just 15 miles away, lots of smoke, burned 5,000 acres, 10 buildings, 50 homes evacuated, not a good deal. Check the photos. I won the "GoodGuys Pick" today..made my day.I get to park in the circle of winners tomorrow and drive thru the stage to get the award, that will be fun. On the window card it said "special features"......I wrote It's Driven Tomorrow is to be 20 degrees less than today, that means 75.......GREAT. Jack from Mpls called tonight, he made it to North Platte in his roadster, will be here tomorrow night as planned. John Kapsner built it several years ago, so that makes 2 St Cloud cars going. We will all leave Monday morning, I'm ready to hit the road. Three old guys all driving roadsters with no tops, see, I'm not the only nutty one.

No comments: