Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Monday

Monday morning I drove out to see the world famous "Car Henge" It is copied after stone henge, but done with old autos. It was first made years ago out of bordom I think, but now is a pretty neat tourist event. Its marked on my road atlas, thats pretty cool. Right there in my home town! I'm from a famous place. I stopped to visit an old high school friend for a bit, back to my sisters for lunch and hit the road about 1 PM for Colorful Colorado. I noticed on the trip to Alliance my front tires had continued to scuff off. I thought I had it corrected but I guess not. Friday afternoon I found Miller Bros garage, run by two guys about my age, maybe not quite. Anyway, they were packing the truck and trailer up to go racing about an hour away. I talked them into checking the toe on the RPU. It was off, like I thought. They hooked it to their electronic machine, it measured 2.02 degrees, it should be .112 degress...no wonder they were scuffing! They got it set right, all better now. The tires don't seem to be wearing any more, but they do make me a tad worried. They are so tiny....135r15's not much rubber there to begin with. I called Coker tires when I got here and ordered a pair shipped 2cd day, should be here Thursday. They are being shipped to Rocky Mtn Street Rods, they will help to get them mounted. I would need new ones any way, if I shipped them home and have them waiting or ship them here 2cd day for a few dollars nore.......that makes piece of mind pretty cheap. Doing nothing the next couple of days, just waiting for Good guys to start.

3 comments:

royboyproductions.com said...

Sounds like a heck of a road trip! I wish I was able to make GG in Colorado this weekend. Will you be back in Salina this year?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
downunderdeuce said...

Tried posting yesterday...didn't work...try again...you may run into my Brother in law...he is on his way to LA, just left Rapid City via Denver/Albuquque/Vegas/LA.anyway, love the blog, keep it up!..(your blog promted me to do my own at www.downunderdeuce.blogspot.com