Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Saturday/Sunday

Saturday was the car show at the city park. "Thunder on the Praire". There were 200 or so cars, all kinds. There also was a group of originals and antiques on a raod rally called Sugar Valley Run, they stopped by at lunch time. Some real interesting cars. I saw many many people that I knew when I lived here 50 years ago. The show sign had my name on it in quite large print, so several peolple would walk up and say something to me, I did not have a clue who they were until they told me. It was alot of fun to talk to all of them about the "old days" I met a little 6 year old kid from Omaha, NE, he fell in love with the RPU. He first saw it at dinner Friday night at the pizza place, then found me on Saturday, I think he wore his camara out taking pictures. He came back at about closing time, so I asked his mom if I could drive him to his Grandmothers house where they were visiting, she agreed. That really made his day. That was fun for me too. Sunday was a poker run, a nice tour around town, nice ride but a bad hand. After the poker run was the awards, I got money for long distance and a cool plaque with my car picture on it for street rod class......cool. Sunday afternoon we had a great steak dinner at my nephews home, they always have lots of great food. Nice family time.

No comments: